Sep 20, 2021 | Mario Barricelli | 1531 views
Proof of Vaccination requirements update
The City of Hamilton has provided Glancaster Minor Hockey clarification regarding Proof of Vaccination and how it will be managed within their facilities.
As per the Provincial announcement on September 1, 2021, vaccine verification will be required to access indoor sports and recreation facilities as of September 22, 2021. On September 14, 2021 further guidance was released and as such, as of September 22, 2021 you will see the following changes to accessing indoor recreation facilities:
- Access will only be available through the facility main access. City of Hamilton staff will be responsible for verifying vaccine requirements upon entry.
- Any players, coaches, or officials aged 18+ will be required to show proof of vaccination + ID or exemption
- Any spectators/parents/siblings aged 12+ will be required to show proof of vaccination + ID or exemption
- Permit holders will still be responsible for contact tracing and health screening
- Businesses and organizations are not permitted to retain vaccine records or status, and as such patrons will be required to show their proof of vaccination each time they enter the facility
Vaccine verification and ID will be checked in accordance with the direction provided by the Provincial Ministry of Health.
Based on current information, the following will be required:
- Proof of being full vaccinated (full series of vaccine at least 14 days before facility visit)
- ID which shows the same name and birthdate of the individual
- Both can be shown digitally (ie picture/PDF of documents or ID on phone)
We ask all Glancaster association members to be patient if you experience wait times and to adjust your arrival at the Rink accordingly.