Dear Bombers Parents
to the tryout process for the 2022/23 season!
Bomber Executive is happy to announce our most comprehensive tryout
process to date. Our goal is always to maximize a players opportunity to
showcase their talent to our coaches and evaluators. Please have a
read below to familiarize yourself with the process in place for this tryout.
Bomber tryouts for U14-16 will commence on May 3rd. Due to the condensed availability of ice from the city and the requirement from the OMHA to complete tryouts in the spring we will have sessions booked straight through to May 17th. The Bombers tryout committee has scheduled 1.5 hour sessions for both player evaluations, and games. Our goal is to maximize the time on the ice while providing more time for individual assessment.
Please review the schedule on the website for your age group.
Players will be split alphabetically into two groups to start both AA and A tryout evaluations. This will keep the numbers more reasonable and manageable. This will be communicated to players and parents prior to the tryout sessions from the tryout committee.
- The first two sessions will not include goalies.
- Jerseys will be provided with numbers on front and back.
- NO MINIMUM GUARANTEE. Players being assessed from AA on will get a minimum of 4 evaluations but there will be no minimum sessions for each level. This has been applied based on the increase of evaluation time (1.5 hrs), Lack of available ice from the city, and lower number of players on each session (compared to previous seasons).
- 2-3 Games per level at each age group will be scheduled
- Players are required to tryout for one level above their previous rostered season.
- TIN numbers will be utilized for communication purposes.
- Evaluators will consist of paid External Hockey Evaluators, Executive Board Members, and the Head Coach. All decisions will be agreed upon before they are communicated to players.
The Bombers are pleased to announce we have removed the tryout fee for goalies. We would like to encourage and invite all local and NRP Goalies to participate in this process. Each age group will have 2 specific goalie evaluations before joining players. Our independent goalie evaluators will provide their assessments to the Bombers tryout committee that will be utilized throughout the tryout process for all levels. All goalies wishing to tryout for Bombers teams must attend these sessions to be considered for all teams.
- Goalies might be released to A evaluations after the Goalie evaluation portion has been complete.
- All remaining goalies after AA selections will attend A player tryouts.
Please direct any questions/concerns to the Board prior to tryouts commencing.
Good luck to all of our players!
Bombers Tryout Schedule
Bombers Sub Committee