Bombers Parents and Players,
Welcome to the Fall tryout process for the 2022/23 season!
The Glancaster Bomber Executive is happy to continue our most comprehensive tryout process to date. Our goal is always to maximize a player’s opportunity to showcase their talent to our coaches and evaluators. Please have a read below to familiarize yourself with the process in place for this tryout. Online Registration is closed but we still welcome players to attend tryouts!
Bomber Pre Tryout Registration remains open for interested players. Our Pre Tryout skates are run by our 2022-23 Coaches. Bombers tryouts for U8-U13 and U18 will commence on Sept 16th. The Bombers tryout committee has scheduled sessions for Goalie and Skater evaluations, and games. Our goal is to maximize the time on the ice while providing more time for individual assessment.
Please review the schedule on the website for your age group. All schedules can be found on Team pages.
Organization Schedule can be found HERE.
U8 players will be evaluated for 1 blended team of interested players from both Ancaster and Glanbrook. Pre Tryout and Tryout skates have been scheduled.
U9 was originally planned to be separated to base associations. The OMHA has reversed their original decision and we will be proceeding with 2 BLENDED TEAMS. These teams will be selected by the Bombers Tryout Committee evaluators. Pre Tryout and Tryout dates may have changed, please refer to the U9 Team pages to confirm your scheduled evaluations..
U10-U13 and U18 Evaluation
Players will begin their assessment at the point which they choose to join the Tryout evaluation process. Former AA and A players are required to attend AA tryouts. OMHA requires a minimum of 3 evaluation sessions per player. Local and House league players can choose to enter the evaluation process at AA, A, or BB. If players choose to enter at A or BB, they will receive their 3 game minimum at those levels.
· Jerseys will be provided with numbers on front and back.
· Players being assessed from AA on will get a minimum of 3 evaluations but there will be no minimum sessions for each level after.
· 2-3 Games per level at each age group will be scheduled
· Players are required to tryout for one level above their previous rostered season.
· TIN numbers will be utilized for communication purposes.
· Evaluators will consist of paid External Hockey Evaluators, Executive Board Members, and the Head Coach. All decisions will be agreed upon before they are communicated to players.
The Bombers are pleased to announce we have removed the tryout fee for goalies. We would like to encourage and invite all local and NRP Goalies to participate in this process. Each age group will have 2 specific goalie evaluations before joining players. Our independent goalie evaluators will provide their assessments to the Bombers tryout committee that will be utilized throughout the tryout process for all levels. All goalies wishing to try out for Bombers teams must attend these sessions to be considered for all teams.
· Goalies will be joining player evaluations at the conclusion of the Goalie evaluations.
Please direct any questions/concerns to the Rep Directors prior to tryouts commencing.
Good luck to all of our players!
Bombers Sub Committee